Chicago is heavily populated with taxis, so you shouldn't have a problem finding one. Both distance and time determine your fare. Meters start at $2.25*, then increases $0.20 for each additional 1/9 of a mile. There is an extra $1.00 charge for for the first additional passenger over the age of 12 and under the age of 65, and $.50 for each passenger after that. There is no extra charge for baggage or credit card use, and tipping is optional. A cab ride between O'Hare Airport and Chicago costs approx. $40-$45. From Midway Airport to downtown, the cost runs between $30-$35.
Guests who are driving in for the day can valet at the Swissôtel Hotel for a rate of $49.00 per car for a 24 hour period.
1. Start out going EAST on E WACKER DR toward N FIELD DR.
2. Take the US-41 N ramp toward LAKE SHORE DR.
3. Turn LEFT onto E WACKER DR.
4. Keep LEFT at the fork to continue on E WACKER DR.
5. Turn RIGHT onto N COLUMBUS DR.
6. Turn RIGHT onto E NORTH WATER ST.
7. End at Sheraton: 301 E North Water St # 1, Chicago, IL 60611, US
1. Head north from South Cicero Avenue, and proceed for two miles.
2. Turn right onto I-55 N. Take the US-43 N exit.
3. Bear left at South Lake Shore Drive.
4. Bear right onto the Randolph Street ramp to I-290.
5. Turn left onto the ramp to Wacker Drive.
6. Bear left and head toward East Wacker Drive.
7. Bear right at East Upper Wacker Drive.
1. Head west from the airport terminal and bear left at International Terminal.
2. Take the I-190 East ramp for two miles.
3. Bear right at I-90 East, and proceed for about five miles.
4. Bear left onto the Express Lanes ramp to Armitage Avenue.
5. Merge onto I-90 Express Lane / I-94 Express Lane.
6. Take the East Ohio Street exit, and continue for one mile.
7. Continue on West Ohio Street.
8. Turn right at North La Salle Boulevard.
9. Turn left at West Upper Wacker Drive.
10. Continue on East Upper Wacker Drive.
* Rates may vary